Because of the Amended Charter School Act Provision, homeschooled, charter and Governor School students may participate in extracurricular activities in their school district.
Not every student will want to take advantage of this program, but we are grateful that homeschooled students now have this opportunity. Many CBCCA students participated last year and had a great experience. We hope that our homeschooled students will be both a blessing and an asset to the local schools’ athletic programs.
Please click here to read how the law affects homeschoolers.
Football, swimming, volleyball, competitive cheerleading, girls tennis, girls golf and cross country all have a first practice date of August 2nd.
According to the Homeschool Eligibility Request Process you need to submit your request to the district Request(s) received at the District Educational Service Center from the parent/guardian ten (10) days prior to tryouts/practice of a requested sport. Application serves as notice of a student’s intent to participate. The district is requiring that this information is turned in (10) ten days before the first practice in order to confirm each student’s eligibility. First practice dates for the 2013-2014 school year for high school sports in SC are available here.
(10) days prior to tryouts for requested sports
- Parents/Guardians complete the Interscholastic Activity Participation Application and Permission Formfor Home School Students.
- Submit application with documentation below to the Student Services Department at the Beaufort County School District - 2900 Mink Point Boulevard Beaufort, SC 29902.
1. Proof of residency. One of each of the following:
a) Driver’s License or government issued photo ID
b) A current major utility bill (electric, gas, water)
C) Current lease, property tax notice or mortgage statement – if not available, a second major utility bill may be submitted
3. Proof of vaccinations and immunizations as required by SC Code 44-29-180
4. Student Physical Examination/Parent Permission Form – completed, signed (once per year) - Click Here Physical Form
5. Risk Acknowledgement Form – completed, signed - one time for the entire school career
6. State Certified Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate – (will be returned to student – one time for the entire school career)
For all of the information directly from the district please go here: